1. Lighten your load. "You don't need an extra compact mirror if your blush or palette has a mirror in it. Let your products do double duty."
2. Carry brushes. "You absolutely need brushes. It's super unsanitary to use your fingers to apply makeup to your face. Mini-brushes don't take up space and can save you from a bacteria-induced breakout or two."
3. Keep supplies simple. "Always have with you: a mascara wand, tweezers, hand cream, and a couple q-tips."
4. Toss the lipsticks. "You don't need to lug 4 or 5 lipsticks with you. Just bring 1 tinted lip balm, 1 lipstick in a go-to color, and if you want to have have additional colors, bring a few lip pencils or crayons."
5. Give your skin a break. "Toss the primer, foundation, concealer, and the powder in favor of one product: a concealer pen. Use the primer in the AM to keep your makeup lasting and stick to touch-ups once you're already out."
6. Make sure nothing is expired. "Smell it–seriously! If powder looks discolored, cream has bubbles, or mascara smells straight up musky–throw it straight into the garbage."
7. Use bags within your bag. "For easy organization, get small, zippered bags. Keep supplies, lip products, eye products, and so on in different bags."
8. Look to the 3-in-1s. "Instead of having 3 separate products, find a palette with colors that are right for you. You can't go wrong with a palette that includes a blush, a contour, and a highlighter."